Monday, August 2, 2010

Lil Plain Jane, THE BLOG

Well, I am so excited to announce that I am planning to open an etsy shop called Lil Plain Jane. When I open, I will primarily list pillowcase dresses, but hope to expand to other cute, boutique clothing items and even baby items, too!

I have wanted to own my own business for a long time. People are constantly telling me that I need to open an etsy shop, and now I am finally listening and taking a leap of faith. For those who are unfamiliar with etsy, it is an on-line market place where anyone with an account can sell handmade or vintage items. It has been referred to the eBay of handmade goods.

Once I officially decided to open shop, I racked my brains for the longest time to come up with a name that would suit me and my line. I finally happen to stumble across a listing for some fabric by Michael Miller. The collection is entitled Plain Jane and one of the fabrics in the collections is called Lil Plain Jane. I just loved the bright, vibrant collection, but I also thought that the name was very appropriate and had deeper implications. So, here I am, a "plain Jane" stay-at-home mom who is finally going to chase her dreams of starting a little business.

I am hoping to open shop this weekend! I will keep you posted!
Here it is! The fabric that inspired my name. My first listing will be a pillowcase dress made from this line. I cant wait to share it with you...tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment